Sunday, December 09, 2007

Tweaked!


Well, PJ and Ally have been tweaked and sent winging their way back to England. Whew.

It wasn't difficult -- not like rewriting the basic premise of Spence and Sadie was. Not like a few books I remember less than fondly who seemed to need wholesale gutting and restuffing. No, PJ and Ally were far easier.

I liked the revision letter. It told me that my editor understood them and was on my wavelength. A nice place to have her, believe me. So her suggestions were, as they say, 'spot on.' She understood what I was trying to do, and helped me do it even better. So, thanks, Ed. I hope you enjoy them 'tweaked' as much as I enjoyed tweaking them.

Now I've got Christmas to see to. And a tree to trim and baking to do. And housecleaning. Oh, my, yes. And snow shoveling because for some reason the weather hereabouts (all snow and ice and freezing rain) has decided it likes it here and is planning to stay.

All I have to say is, "It better not be here next Saturday." Next Saturday it better be wonderful and clear -- here and in Denver and where my son and daughter-in-law and the world's most wonderful four month old granddaughter live. Because we want no hitches getting them here.

Cross your fingers, okay? You can still wrap presents and bake cookies and sing carols. But you need to keep your fingers crossed while you do it. I'll cross mine for you and yours, too.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Madeline said...

I'll cross mine for you, if you'll cross yours for me also. We're having the same kind of weather here.

Wishing for sunny days and clear weather for the entire Holiday season.

Sadie sent you something in the mail. I hope I sent it to the right address. Please let me know if you don't get it by next week. Sadie even signed the card herself.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS, Mads:)

10 December, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thank you, Mads. And please give my thanks to Sadie! I'll let you know. And yes, I'll keep good thoughts for your weather, too.

10 December, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11 December, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

In case anyone is wondering where my posts are, blogger isn't uploading anything for me and hasn't been since Monday night. I've reported it, but have seen no response or help so far.

So bear with me. I have a great new cover for Flynn and Sara's book and a new contest to talk about.

If I can't get a post up on Wednesday I'll try to find someone who can post to do it for me.

11 December, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home