Saturday, December 29, 2007

Head Above Water


The taxes are done, quarterly payments sent in, receipts filed. The decks are cleared. I wish I could say the same for the desk.

Somehow it is as messy as it usually is mid-book.

Partly that's because I'm mid-project on about three or four other things, mostly to do with family history, local history and genealogy. And then there are three reviews I have to write. And a map project I'm working on.

And I don't want to neglect any of them, but I need to get more organized. I'm missing my Early Modern Genealogy book. I haven't seen it since I didn't take it to Texas for Thanksgiving, convinced I wouldn't have time to continue reading it. I was right. But I should be able to lay my hands on it again now. I can't.

That's what I mean about 'messy.' Ordinarily, when I'm dealing with a book, I know exactly where everything is, even if anyone else looking at my office would sigh and shut the door. But that's because I work on one book at a time. In my other lives I work on lots of things -- and obviously I can't keep track of them all.

So tomorrow, while I have my head above water a bit, I'm going to tackle the piles of stuff on the desk and on the floor and in boxes and see if I can find my book. And pick one project to focus on.

But first . . . I want to say 'welcome home' to Kate Walker's new family member -- Flora, an absolutely gorgeous 12 week old Maine Coon cat. Flora looks as if she is going to improve the quality of life in the Walker household (if indeed it can be improved inasmuch as Sid is already in residence). And Flora is lucky to have found such a terrific 'forever home.'

I'm sure you'll be seeing more of Flora both on Kate's blog and here in the future. More pix of the lovely young lady on Kate's blog, so be sure and stop and visit.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Madeline said...

Good Luck, finding your book. Flora is absolutely beautiful. Sadie is already jealous. Flora gets to live with Sid, and Sadie can only dream of him.

Kate, best of luck with your new addition.

Mads:)

30 December, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

From Flora's standpoint, not living with Sid might be the better option. He treats her with distant aloofness as befits the Alpha Cat. At the moment she's beneath his notice. Perhaps he'll become smitten with Sadie because she lives far away and is therefor unattainable. Sadie can hope!

30 December, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home