Thursday, December 27, 2007

Multi-tasking

Today I had a list as long as my arm (literally) of things that needed to be done, people who needed to be called, errands that needed to be accomplished. And I've crossed them all off but the last one -- figuring out the quarterly taxes.

Figuring out the quarterly taxes is about as enjoyable as going to the dentist, which is on the schedule for next week.

I don't know about you, but columns of numbers have always intimidated me. I was always good at math, but hated every minute of it. And the anxiety that comes with it is the sort of thing I draw on when I'm trying to create the experience of ghastly horror and depression in the mind of a fictional character.

I think, "What's the worst thing you can think of? Quarterly taxes. Yep, that'll do." And I draw on the well of negative emotion and pounding heart and sweaty palms that comes with it. And the sick stomach feeling.

Are you getting the idea that I really don't like doing this? Yeah, me, too. That's why I did everything else first.

I'll get it done, though. And then tomorrow I can celebrate Kate's new arrival (which she promises to tell you about then) and watch a film and read a book and go to the Pink Heart blog and read my blog there (I'm doing Friday night film night this Friday, which happens to be "today" in a good part of the world, so it's up already). Check it out.

Here's a sneak peek of the hero.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Madeline said...

Good Luck with your taxes. I'm glad I only have to do mine once a year. Heading over to The Pink Heart. See you there. Mads

29 December, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Taxes finished, Mads. Whew. Hope you check out this film and enjoy it.

Anne

29 December, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home