Saturday, December 22, 2007

Where Do You Get Your Ideas?


I think we discussed this once before.

In the early days of the blog, when I was talking about questions people habitually ask when they meet a writer, questions about ideas are always right up there at the top.

And I have always said, "Ideas are everywhere." And the fact is, they are. Generally, for years I've been swamped with ideas, with characters clamoring for me to write their stories, with situations that seem to scream for pages in which to resolve themselves.

But when I sent PJ and Ally off, I didn't have any more stories.

Well, that's not entirely true. There's Sebastian and Neely, still waiting. And there is Lukas, PJ's brother. And there are those Savas guys -- including George whom we've got locked in the basement or the lab or some place like that.

But with the exception of Seb and Neely, they are guys in search of a story. They're standing around the street corners looking at their feet and going, "Who me?" None of them is jumping up and acting at all like a Presents hero. Presents heroes, whatever else they might do or not do, NEVER stand around on street corners looking at their feet.

They are MEN OF ACTION. Take charge guys. Pro-active. Get it done. Now. That sort.

I'm giving these guys a ten day shot at coming up with something. If they don't, well, I feel sure someone somewhere will drop by and tell me his tale. I'll be listening.

And there's always Seb and Neely who have moved to Seattle.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Liz Fielding said...

A very happy Christmas to you and your family, Anne. And good luck with those "alphas"! in the New Year.

Bless you.

Liz

24 December, 2007  
Blogger Michelle Styles said...

Wishing you good luck with your stories.

I am sure those men are just giving the Appearance of standing around.

I have just finished doing hte proofs for An Impulsive Debutante aka Mads. And again I thank you for hero inspiration. You could do far worse than using Mads...

Have a lovely Christmas!

24 December, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Anne!!

I know some great Hero will step up over the Christmas Holidays! Can't wait to hear what you come up with. Any chance Flynn has some Irish friends for us to meet?

So, what's up with Seb and Neely and Seattle???

Kate

24 December, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Liz, Thanks so much. Looking forward to our second annual Valentine's contest! Have a wonderful Christmas.

Anne

24 December, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Michelle, I am so looking forward to Mads' book. Yes, I'm going to have him as a hero sooner rather than later. I just need to get these Greeks off my plate first.

And check out The Pink Heart on Friday -- and the Male on Monday January 7th. You'll recognize someone you know.

Merry Christmas!
Anne

24 December, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Kate, Merry Christmas to you! Flynn actually has a brother. Hmmmm. I'll give it some thought. And Seb and Neely have a houseboat that needs water. Seattle has plenty (and is getting more by the minute from what my son says). I think it will do well there. We're just checking things out before we make the move.

Merry Christmas!
Anne

24 December, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the good wishes, Christmas was excellent!

Houseboat living sounds fun, can't wait to hear more!

Have any prospective heroes been knocking on your door???

Kate

27 December, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home