Friday, January 04, 2008

Back to the Box



Last year when I was reading Twyla Tharp's The Creative Habit, one of the things she inspired me to do was start a box to use for collecting stuff that belonged in Seb and Neely's book.

I did. It was the most enjoyable part of the whole experience.

As you may or may not recall, Seb and Neely ended up taking their football -- and their box -- and going home. Unfinished.

There were issues that needed to be resolved before I could do them justice. So they went off into the sunset together for a while while I got on with PJ and Ally.

PJ and Ally had no box, but they had no issues either, so it worked out fine. But the slate is clear now, even if the desk is not.

And I am back going through Seb and Neely's box.

There are interesting things in this box. Intriguing things. And a lot of animals. There's a bloodhound, for example. And a rabbit and several Maine Coon kittens. I had no idea when I was filling Seb and Neely's box that their influence would spread far and wide and that Kate Walker and Sophie Weston would both become mums of Maine Coons before the year was out.

Life imitates art.

I'm delighted. So are Seb and Neely. They think this bodes well for their story. I hope so. We're going to try again.

We're going to hope that the second time's a charm.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home