Saturday, July 18, 2009

RITA winners


Well, sadly for PJ and Ally, Antonides' Forbidden Wife, didn't win the RITA.

But other terrific books were winners of tonight's RITA awards at the RWA National Convention.

In PJ's category, contemporary series romance, A Mother's Wish, by Karen Templeton won the RITA. I haven't read her book, but I have no doubt it was deserving of the honor. Congratulations, Karen. And congrats as well to all the rest of the finalists. It was an honor to have PJ and Ally's book up there among them.

A couple of RITA winners I'm particularly happy about were Joanna Bourne's My Lord and Spymaster, which I thought was a terrific, fast-paced, compelling read, and Cindy Gerard's Take No Prisoners. I haven't read it yet, but I'm thrilled anyway because Cindy is an old friend.

You can read a list of all the winners on RWA's twitter site. So check it out and make sure you note down the names of the books and authors.

It's a tough competition, and any book that wins is worth reading.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Lacey Devlin said...

Ahhh such a shame. Next year? ;)

19 July, 2009  
Blogger Cindy Gerard said...

Hey Anne
Thanks for the mention. I'm shocked and thrilled.
I was rooting for you!!! Win or lose, you can't write a bad book.
Hope to see you sometime. We need to catch up!
Hugs

20 July, 2009  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Lacey, We can always hope!

Cindy, yes! Let's get together! Take care. We are off to see grandkids 6, 7, and 8. Busy days.

Anne

20 July, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home