Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St Patrick's Day


It's still St Patrick's Day here for a few more hours -- and in points further west. So I wish you the joy of the day.

My youngest granddaughter who believes in the joy of holidays, thinks it's a celebration in honor of one of her uncles.

Her dad says that all day long she's been telling everyone she meets, "Happy Uncle Patrick's Day!"

Sounds like a good idea to me.

I wish you the same, whether your name is Patrick or not.

I hope to be more timely in my blogging now that my mother is situated in an assisted living apartment and not moving from place to place on a nearly weekly basis, and I am not coughing my head off.

Next week I'm off to New York for a wedding. I'd actually forgotten because I'd made the reservations ages ago. I usually spend time ahead looking for things that will be going on in the city before I go. This time I made reservations to see one play back when I bought my plane ticket. And then life got interesting and I never got a chance to see what else might be happening.

If you have suggestions for things happening in the city now, please comment and let me know. Even if you haven't been there, but have ideas of good stuff to do, I'd love to hear about it. I've been to NYC lots of times, but there's always more to see and do than I ever have time for.

Suggest! I'd appreciate it. And you might well win one of the books in this week's Great Book Give-Away.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Lacey Devlin said...

Since you've been lots I think I should go to the wedding... NYC is on my list of places to see BID (Before I Die) which hopefully will be soon or I'm going to have to rest on every bench I come to :).

The Orchid Show at the New York Botanical Garden in the Bronx opens
February 27, 2010 and runs through April 11, 2010.

18 March, 2010  
Blogger Laney4 said...

I just live across Lake Ontario from NYC, and I have only been there once (on a Grade 12 school trip many moons ago). I think that if I went to NYC and had some time, I'd like to see the taping of a tv show, such as Live with Regis & Kelly, The View, David Letterman, etc. I don't know if they have waiting lists for free tickets or not. Sorry.

Since I'm in Canada, I doubt I'm eligible for your contest, but good luck with it anyway!

18 March, 2010  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Lacey, I wish you could come with me to the wedding. I'll keep you in mind for all future NYC weddings I get invited to -- in case I can send a proxy! Thanks for the word about the orchid show. Tempting!

Laney, of course you are entered in the contest. I've sent books all over the world. Interesting thought about the TV shows. I'll give it some thought.

18 March, 2010  
Blogger Laney4 said...

I'm not sure, but I think that ever since Rosie was on The View, they usually have audience gifts. If you don't like the gift, you could always "blog it away"! (I'm always thinking of myself. Sorry about that, LOL!)

Have a great time in NYC!

18 March, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home