Wednesday, March 31, 2010

We finalled!

Hey, Christo here!

Did you hear about the RITA nomination Nat and Anne and I got? Cool, yes?

I didn't know anything about the RITA contest, and Anne didn't bother to mention it before she went off to New York. So when a very nice woman began leaving messages on the answering machine, I listened to them, but I didn't know what she was talking about.

It wasn't until Anne called home later that night that she told The Prof and he told me. Nat was in NYC with Anne and Nancy the Cat Slayer doing weddings and chocolate tours and whatnot. Girl stuff.


But what I want to know is, how could Anne just go off and not tell me something might happen? How could she FORGET?

Boggles the mind.


She and Nat are home now. Nat brought chocolate and tales of amazing places we need to go next time we're in Ne
w York City. We can do that, but we're also going to a baseball game or two or maybe a hockey game, depending on the season.

Anne, who is out running errands today, said to tell you that she's got the blog on the Pink Heart Society for April 1, so if you want to find out what she did in NYC, you should check it out.


She is giving away her favorite chocolate confection there, too. She and Nat brought a bunch home because they think they are the neatest funniest seasonal chocolates ever.

Check 'em out. Leave a comment. You might win your very own Chirp N Dale!

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger lidia said...

Wonder if Anne had an opportunity to sample Veniero's? It is an Italian Pastry Shop in NYC that has been around since 1894 (or there about). They even supply some restaurants with their pastries.

If she did, I hope that Christos and Nat were able to sample some of the special treats!

31 March, 2010  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

No, I didn't, Lidia. Sounds fantastic, though. I'll put it on my list for the next trip. Where is it, neighborhoodwise?

Christo stayed home and held the fort (with The Prof). Nat came along and scarfed chocolate!

31 March, 2010  
Blogger lidia said...

Anne it is on the lower East Side (11th street between 1st and 2nd Avenues).

They are closed on Christmas and Easter only (I am pretty sure). On Thanksgiving the line/wait is about 45 minutes.

You can order stuff on line but not their fabulous pastries. I can understand that.

31 March, 2010  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thanks, Lidia. I'll make a note of them and check them out next time I go to NYC. Appreciate the suggestion!

01 April, 2010  
Blogger Pat Cochran said...

Hi, Anne, Natalie, & Christos,

Hope you all had a "Happy Easter"!
I love the "peeps" shown in the
blog! I've never seen any quite as
cute!

Pat Cochran

05 April, 2010  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Hi Pat,
Thanks for your good wishes. The Chirps are quite handsome, aren't they? And I must admit (cannibalistically? Peepistically?) that they are very tasty, too!

06 April, 2010  
Anonymous dubai rental property said...

Dubai is a city famous throughout the world. For its constantly expanding in different parties such as corporate real estate industry and the real, Dubai has become the center of attraction for millions of people and communities worldwide. Now, Dubai is moving away from its traditional oil dependence to a more balanced supported by industry and services. Therefore frugalness Dubai increased by more stations to go to achieve this goal.

05 October, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home