Friday, April 09, 2010

New Cover for Demetrios's Book


Life seems to be getting back to what passes for normal in this neck of the woods. For the moment at least.

And one sign is that I actually had time to go looking for Demetrios and Anny's book cover. It used to be that someone from Toronto sent them. And they still will, if you remember to ask. I haven't had time to remember to ask.

But the other night, I was online and I thought, Hmmm . . . it comes out in UK next month. I'll have a look.

And there it was!

Am I pleased? Oh, yes.

Somehow the covers that look like they've been inspired by From Here to Eternity just work. They're intense, they're romantic. They're unlikely to introduce some incongruity -- though I do recall an Alp in my Bahamas on The Inconvenient Bride which was my other FHTE cover, and which, in spite of the Alp and the fact that most of the book took place in New York City, has always been one of my favorite covers.

This new one, now called The Virgin's Proposition, is lovely, too. At least in my mind. He looks enough like Demetrios to work for me (sadly, Raoul Bova doesn't do book cover modeling!) and she could be Anny.

What do you think?

I know they are changing the covers on Mills & Boon Moderns (which end up here in the US as Presents or Presents Extra) and I have seen the new ones. They are okay. This one is better. So my thanks to the artist whoever he/she is -- and the models, whoever they are -- for making me smile, for putting a good cover of Demetrios and Anny's book.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Rachael Johns said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!! Cannot WAIT to read it!
x

09 April, 2010  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thanks, Rach! I agree. And I hope that you enjoy it when you read it.

Anne

09 April, 2010  
Blogger Caroline said...

I agree. Gorgeous cover. Caroline x

10 April, 2010  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thanks, Caroline. I'm certainly happy with it!

10 April, 2010  
Blogger lidia said...

Fabulous cover Anne! Now I just wish they went stop with the "Virgin's" in the titles. LOL

12 April, 2010  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

I'm not crazy about the title, either, Lidia. But under the circumstances, in this book, it actually fits -- for reasons that have to do with who Anny is.

13 April, 2010  
Anonymous dubai rental property said...

I must say that overall I am very taken with this site.It is apparent that you know you subject matter and you are passionate about it. I wish I had got your ability to write. I have bookmarked your site and look forward to more updates

05 October, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home