Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Where I've Been

It seems like I do a lot of apologizing on this blog lately. And I'm doing it again, but life as I have recently come to know it has been getting in the way of regular posting.

My mother has been very ill and continues to be, and so I have not had the time to post -- or even to write the book I'm supposed to be writing -- that I would ordinarily have.

On top of that, the day after we came back from New York, my dear friend and traveling companion for the journey, Nancy the Cat Slayer, lost her son in an accident.

If there is anything worse than losing a parent by inches, it is losing a child in a matter of moments. He was the best friend of one of my sons for years and years.

Suffice to say, life around here has not be full of fun and games of late.

I will be putting together the last two weeks of April's worth of books for the Great Book Give-Away and I appreciate your patience. Rach, if you read this, I'm still in the process of getting your book mailed. Everyone else who has won a book so far, I've posted the last of them through March. I'm working on sending out those from the first two weeks of April.

Bear with me. We'll get there.

If you want one of the writing books, let me know. I've still got a couple of them left.

Cheers? Well, yes, it will be again sometime soon.

Oh, and big Hank is one today -- so there are bright spots in life.

Labels:

16 Comments:

Blogger Jill said...

Anne,
Sorry to hear there is so much hardship and sadness going around.
You and Nancy are in my thoughts.

20 April, 2010  
Blogger Rachael Johns said...

Oh Anne I'm so sorry to hear about the time you have been having! Don't worry about my book - there are FAR more important things in life!
Hugs
Rach!

20 April, 2010  
Blogger Kate Walker said...

Big Hank is ONE today?

Now how did that happen? That's something to celebrate.

As for the rest - the sort of things life throws at us when it wasnt to test us, you know I'm here if you need me - Nancy too. And you need to concentrate on what really needs dealing with right now. Other things can wait in line.

Love and thoughts

Kate

21 April, 2010  
Blogger Lacey Devlin said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your saddness and struggles (((HUGS)) Take care of yourself x

21 April, 2010  
Blogger Unknown said...

So sorry to hear your news Anne. Big Hank will soon have you all smiling

21 April, 2010  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Jill, thank you for your kind words.

Rach, thanks for understanding. I'll send it off as soon as I can find time to get to the post office. I'll have another two weeks worth of books to send out then, too, but M&M are lagging picking the winners.

Kate, yes, Hank is ONE! He can also run across the room. Big trouble ahead for mom and dad, methinks. Thanks for all your support. You know we appreciate it more than we can say.

Lacey, thank you for your comment and for just turning up so often. It's much appreciated.

Carol, you're right. Hank is definitely cause for lots of smiles. Kids are what get us through the tough times, I think.

Thank you, everyone, for your support and kindness. Readers and writers are the best sort of people!

21 April, 2010  
Blogger Caroline said...

Anne - sending cyber hugs and prayers your way. Caroline x

21 April, 2010  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Thanks very much, Caroline. Hugs are most welcome.

21 April, 2010  
Blogger Kirsten said...

Anne I'm sorry to hear life has been full of sadness for you & Nancy!! I hope things will turn for the better soon. Sending you both the best, Kirsten

21 April, 2010  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Kirsten, Thank you. I'm sure the days will get brighter. They tend to do that. I appreciate your concern.

22 April, 2010  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Kirsten, Thank you. I'm sure the days will get brighter. They tend to do that. I appreciate your concern.

22 April, 2010  
Blogger lidia said...

Anne, So sorry to hear about your troubles as well as your friend's loss of her son. There is nothing to say that can make things better.

Losing a child is devastating. Watching one's parents slowly fade is also very difficult. (I lost my father to cancer two years ago and know exactly what you are going through.)

Therefore, just sending oodles of HUGS your way (and to Nancy as well).

Lidia

22 April, 2010  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Lidia, Thank you for your concern and your supportive words. I will pass them on to Nancy as well. I know she appreciates everyone's kindness.

I am sorry about your loss of your father. It's difficult every way -- whether sudden or by inches. I hope you have a store of wonderful memories to cherish.

23 April, 2010  
Blogger Pat Cochran said...

Hugs and prayers are sent along to
both your families! Take care of
your families and your selves. You all come first. We will still be here whenever you return!

Pat Cochran

25 April, 2010  
Blogger Jan Jones said...

(((((hugs))))), Anne. Life is so blasted tough and unfair. Much sympathy for your poor friend as well.

26 April, 2010  
Anonymous dubai rental property said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don’t know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

05 October, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home