Saturday, June 23, 2007

Suitcase ramblings

This morning we opened the front door and the suitcase fell in. No idea how long it has sitting there. Good thing they live out in the country where no one passing by was likely to look up, see a nicely packed suitcase leaning against a front door and decide they'd like it to be their suitcase instead.

I understand it arrived sometime after 2 a.m. at the airport and was picked up sometime after 6 a.m. to jaunt around the countryside with the other wandering luggage as it was, piece by piece, taken home. I find it a little disconcerting that, when I called to see about its location, the clerk told me that the "regular driver" had already appeared and it was probably already there (it was). The disconcerting bit is that this airport, which is really not that big, and this airline (which only has something like 3 flights a day into Bozeman from Minneapolis) needs a "regular driver" to ferry all its misdirected luggage about.

Does this make anyone else want to ask just how many pieces go astray regularly?

Perhaps we should draw a veil over the question. Move on. Yes, good idea.

Spent a part of the day looking at houses and lots in the valley, anticipating the time when we will be back this way on a permanent basis. Amazing amounts of growth here. Scary almost. We'll have to do some real looking -- and thinking.

Currently thinking about Sebastian's heroine. Drawing a blank. Hope she gets her act together soon.

Flynn and Sara are still incognito. Hmmmmm.

2 Comments:

Blogger Madeline said...

Hi Anne, I'm so glad your luggage turned up and all in one piece.
Good Luck on your house hunting. I have cousins all over the Minnesota area and I've been visiting there since I was little. I think it's one of the most beautiful states in our country. Maybe someday I'll run into you on one of my visits there. Have fun house hunting and, be sure to let us know when that beautiful grandbaby of yours is born.

Have a great week. Mads:)

24 June, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Hi Mads,

Yes, Minnesota is beautiful, but it's Montana we are planning on coming to again once my husband retires. Two sons were here -- one still is -- the other might be back. And quite a lot of our roots are here.

I plan to send up flares when the grandbaby is born. Never fear!

Anne

25 June, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home