Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Seven Things

Teagan Oliver tagged me to post seven things about myself that, presumably, people who read this blog don't know and might be interested in knowing (or not).

Hmmmm.

1) I can recognize the handwriting of several eighteenth century Edgefield County men. Just whirl a microfilm in front of me and I can say, "Oh, look, Eldred Simkins wrote that!" Or "Hazel Culbreath wrote that." or "Oliver Towles wrote that."

2) It took me more years than I want to think about to realize that in England villages are in parishes and not the other way around.

3) I gave our cat insulin shots twice a day for eight years which meant that for someone who isn't enamored of schedules, I still knew exactly where I was going to be at 7 a.m. and 7 p.m every day.

4) I can multi-task as long as one of the tasks isn't adding columns of numbers or remembering where I put the checkbook.

5) All of my sons can do laundry, cook a meal, repair a car, install a sink, catch a fish, and iron a shirt -- though some of them are better at it than others.

6) My dogs all understand English. Gunnar understands Norwegian. And for some reason he's fond of Proust.

7) I'm going to write a book about a hero named Eamon who is NOT a sheep -- and if Abby Green never reads it, oh well!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! My Eamon antenna perked up all these miles away. If you will insist on calling a hero Eamon then I will have to retaliate in suitable fashion...by having a sheep in a book called Eamon. Hmmmmm. And anyone the real Eamon has run off with a much younger model. sniff.
x Abby

17 January, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I meant to say that anyway, Eamon has run off with younger model. See? I'm distraught...
Abby

17 January, 2008  
Blogger Madeline said...

Wow! Teagan sure does get around. I'm glad that I don't have a blog yet.
Anne, do you think your sons will teach my sons how to do all that stuff? All mine know how to do is make a mess and leave it for me to clean up.

I'll definitely read your book with a hero named Eamon, even if Abby won't touch it.

Note to Abby: Eamon will come back. He knows that he won't find an attractive or more lovable person than you.

Mads:)

18 January, 2008  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Abby, feel free to create all the sheep named Eamon that you want to. It won't detract from my hero!

Mads, my sons have enough to do right now (what with ironing shirts and fixing trucks) to not have time to teach anybody anything. But I can guarantee that if yours hung around with them, they'd pick it up by osmosis. It's just one of those "if it needs to be done, well, then I'll do it," approaches. They've all got it. Thank heavens!

18 January, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home