Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Flynn is in!

The editor called yesterday. I wasn't home, of course. So she emailed me and told me that Flynn and Sara are fine, in production and, best of all, the check is in the mail. So, hooray for that.

Now I'm packing my bag and heading to the airport this morning. I'll miss Montana. I always do. I'll miss the son and daughter-in-law and the dog (wonderful dog) and will undoubtedly miss The Great Event of the grandchild's birth in 6-7 weeks or so. But at least I'll get back soon after to meet the new arrival. I can hardly wait (but the new mom and dad can hardly wait even more than I can -- especially mom who is being kicked and pummeled by an energetic babe).

When I get home I'll download the pix off my camera and put up a couple. I wish I'd had my camera with me last night. We stopped to look at a gorgeous house in the hills overlooking the valley with absolutely spectacular views. It's enough to make me want to write a New York Times best seller so I could afford to live there! Probably I'd have to write two. And I wouldn't even need that big a house -- I'd settle for the lot and building a smaller one. But this one was nice -- it didn't have that "cathedral" feeling to it.

I hate that. I mean, it's fine for cathedrals, of course. But for homes, I like places that are livable rather than grand. Not a problem. I'll never be able to afford a cathedral.

Heading for the airport in an hour. Hasta la vista.

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Anne,

I'm glad to hear Flynn and Sara are doing well.

Regarding the cathedrals, hubby and I agree, no museum type home for us. We were just talking about that a few days ago. When we build our home, it will be big enough for the purposes we need it for, but cozy all the way!

27 June, 2007  
Blogger Liz Fielding said...

Hooray for Flynn and Sara :) It was quite a journey, but the destination was clearly well worth the wait.

27 June, 2007  
Blogger Michelle Styles said...

Hooray for Flynn and Sara.

I never had any doubts and I am really looking forward to reading them!

27 June, 2007  
Blogger Anne McAllister said...

Hi Lee,

Yes, stay away from homes like cathedrals. They don't feel like homes!

Liz,
Thanks for the good wishes. Yes, it's nice Flynn and Sara have met with editorial approval. Whew. By the way, I finally got to finish Ben and Ellie on the plane out to Montana. Wonderful story. I'm so glad I thought to take it along so I could finish it in peace. Thanks for a wonderful read.

Michelle,
I'm certainly glad you didn't have any doubts. I felt like their story was important to get right (as, of course, are they all) and it needed to be labored over, partly because of switching lines and a different focus in Presents.

Think they will be out next spring. Not sure of the month yet in UK or US (they were saying April in one and May in the other, but which I don't know, and I don't know if that stayed the same or changed).

cheers,
Anne

27 June, 2007  
Blogger Madeline said...

Yeah for Flynn and Sara. I can't wait for the release.

Sorry about the Minnesota mistake. Are there any good looking cowboys in Montana? It's one of the few states that I haven't visited. If they have some good looking cowboys there, I just might visit and never return back home. I have a special place in my heart for real life cowboys.

I hope you had a safe trip back with no more lost luggage incidents. Have a great week. Mads:)

28 June, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home